East European Roots

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 9 11:08 AM
      Some of the audience stopped after my talk on East European Roots to ask
      about genealogical terminology in East Europe. I forgot to add the item
      below in my presentation but I am listing it here so you can link to it - it
      has a table of genealogical terms in Latin, Ukrainian and Polish:

      Common Foreign Language Terms by Mike Szelog, November 2001
      http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~atpc/genealogy/articles/records-com
      mon-fgn-words.html

      I already had this one in the slides but it is worth repeating:
      Rafal T. Prinke - Poradnik Genealogi-Amatora
      http://www.polishroots.org/translating.htm

      I will be sending my slides to Gordon to place on the AFHS pages and I will
      be including both of the above links but thought those of you who asked
      might want it sooner.

      The slides will contain other links and information specific to genealogy in
      the East European countries that we did not have time to cover as well as
      the slides that we did view. I did this with the intention of putting it on
      the website. Hope it will help you in researching your roots in the "other
      Europe". If you have found other information on your own of interest or wish
      to share tips you discovered in your research, please let me know and I will
      compile to add to the presentation including the online version.

      à bientôt,

      Phone: (403) 295-3490; Fax: (403) 274-0564

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • mckenziebg
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 9 2:39 PM