RE: Anna and Joe Smilestone

  • Judie Riddell
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 8, 2004
      Ann and Members of Dist-gen

      I entered the names Smilestone on our website in the SPECIAL BOX in the
      upper left hand corner of our HOMEPAGE and came up with an index entry for
      an Alberta divorce for this couple.

      This past week I showed a very experienced researcher in our society how to
      use our SPECIAL BOX on our website and she found out about this BOX for the
      first time Our website can help you to find an Albertan (and even other
      Provinces) ancestor. The person she was helping found her ancestors in
      numerous indexes and obtained valuable information

      Judii is right about putting these queries on DIST-GEN with out checking
      with the Query people first. If Mabel, our volunteer who answers queries on
      behalf of the society, or any other member of the society had a answer for
      these people there was no way to contact them as their return email address
      was not there.

      Judie Riddell

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 8, 2004
        I am racing against the clock off on a bus trip but perhaps sone kind sole
        would send links to the general Canadian site, and AFHS site.
        > Here's another one where we're not over burdened with information. Can
        > anyone help?
        >
        > Linda Smilestone wrote:
        > >
        > > Shalom
        > >
        > > I'm looking for Anna and Joe Smilestone in Alberta. Can you help me
        > > out?
        > >
        > > Sincerely
        > >
        > > Linda Smilestone
        > > Tel Aviv

      • Joanne Elford
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 9, 2004
          Could someone please tell me what years these divorce records cover?

          Thanks

          > I entered the names Smilestone on our website in the SPECIAL BOX in the
          > upper left hand corner of our HOMEPAGE and came up with an index entry for
          > an Alberta divorce for this couple.
          >
          > This past week I showed a very experienced researcher in our society how
          > use our SPECIAL BOX on our website and she found out about this BOX for
          the
          > first time Our website can help you to find an Albertan (and even other
          > Provinces) ancestor. The person she was helping found her ancestors in
          > numerous indexes and obtained valuable information
          >
          > Judii is right about putting these queries on DIST-GEN with out checking
          > with the Query people first. If Mabel, our volunteer who answers queries
          on
          > behalf of the society, or any other member of the society had a answer for
          > these people there was no way to contact them as their return email
          address
          > was not there.
          >
          > Judie Riddell

        • Judie Riddell
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 9, 2004
            I am sorry it is in the upper right hand corner under the words Finding
            Aids.

            Judie

            I am racing against the clock off on a bus trip but perhaps sone kind sole
            would send links to the general Canadian site, and AFHS site.
            > Here's another one where we're not over burdened with information. Can
            > anyone help?
            >
            > Linda Smilestone wrote:
            > >
            > > Shalom
            > >
            > > I'm looking for Anna and Joe Smilestone in Alberta. Can you help me
            > > out?
            > >
            > > Sincerely
            > >
            > > Linda Smilestone
            > > Tel Aviv

          • Judith Rempel
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 9, 2004
              Just repeat the query and you'll find the 'divorce' page on our site for
              Smilestone <http://www.afhs.ab.ca/data/divorces/s.html>. Then, you could
              click on "divorces" to get to the homepage for that data section:
              http://www.afhs.ab.ca/data/divorces/

              The "divorces" collection is just part of the transcribing work of Hugh
              Armstrong. This collection and a number of others need to be finalized, and
              then we'll have a big posting on the AFHS list to let you know what is
              available. (I should have had it finished before Christmas, but .... life
              got in the way). Cross your fingers and you'll hear an announcement in
              February.

              In Kinship,
              Judith Rempel
              judith@...