Re: Anna and Joe Smilestone

  • ANN WILLIAMS
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 8, 2004
      Here's another one where we're not over burdened with information. Can
      anyone help?

      Linda Smilestone wrote:

      > Shalom
      >
      > I'm looking for Anna and Joe Smilestone in Alberta. Can you help me
      > out?
      >
      > Sincerely
      >
      > Linda Smilestone
      > Tel Aviv

    • Judie Riddell
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 8, 2004
        Ann and Members of Dist-gen

        I entered the names Smilestone on our website in the SPECIAL BOX in the
        upper left hand corner of our HOMEPAGE and came up with an index entry for
        an Alberta divorce for this couple.

        This past week I showed a very experienced researcher in our society how to
        use our SPECIAL BOX on our website and she found out about this BOX for the
        first time Our website can help you to find an Albertan (and even other
        Provinces) ancestor. The person she was helping found her ancestors in
        numerous indexes and obtained valuable information

        Judii is right about putting these queries on DIST-GEN with out checking
        with the Query people first. If Mabel, our volunteer who answers queries on
        behalf of the society, or any other member of the society had a answer for
        these people there was no way to contact them as their return email address
        was not there.

        Judie Riddell

        Linda Smilestone wrote:

        > Shalom
        >
        > I'm looking for Anna and Joe Smilestone in Alberta. Can you help me
        > out?
        >
        > Sincerely
        >
        > Linda Smilestone
        > Tel Aviv

      • Leslie
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 8, 2004
          I am racing against the clock off on a bus trip but perhaps sone kind sole
          would send links to the general Canadian site, and AFHS site.
          > Here's another one where we're not over burdened with information. Can
          > anyone help?
          >
          > Linda Smilestone wrote:
          > >
          > > Shalom
          > >
          > > I'm looking for Anna and Joe Smilestone in Alberta. Can you help me
          > > out?
          > >
          > > Sincerely
          > >
          > > Linda Smilestone
          > > Tel Aviv

        • Joanne Elford
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 9, 2004
            Could someone please tell me what years these divorce records cover?

            Thanks

            > I entered the names Smilestone on our website in the SPECIAL BOX in the
            > upper left hand corner of our HOMEPAGE and came up with an index entry for
            > an Alberta divorce for this couple.
            >
            > This past week I showed a very experienced researcher in our society how
            > use our SPECIAL BOX on our website and she found out about this BOX for
            the
            > first time Our website can help you to find an Albertan (and even other
            > Provinces) ancestor. The person she was helping found her ancestors in
            > numerous indexes and obtained valuable information
            >
            > Judii is right about putting these queries on DIST-GEN with out checking
            > with the Query people first. If Mabel, our volunteer who answers queries
            on
            > behalf of the society, or any other member of the society had a answer for
            > these people there was no way to contact them as their return email
            address
            > was not there.
            >
            > Judie Riddell

          • Judie Riddell
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 9, 2004
              I am sorry it is in the upper right hand corner under the words Finding
              Aids.

              Judie

              I am racing against the clock off on a bus trip but perhaps sone kind sole
              would send links to the general Canadian site, and AFHS site.
              > Here's another one where we're not over burdened with information. Can
              > anyone help?
              >
              > Linda Smilestone wrote:
              > >
              > > Shalom
              > >
              > > I'm looking for Anna and Joe Smilestone in Alberta. Can you help me
              > > out?
              > >
              > > Sincerely
              > >
              > > Linda Smilestone
              > > Tel Aviv

            • Judith Rempel
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 9, 2004
                Just repeat the query and you'll find the 'divorce' page on our site for
                Smilestone <http://www.afhs.ab.ca/data/divorces/s.html>. Then, you could
                click on "divorces" to get to the homepage for that data section:
                http://www.afhs.ab.ca/data/divorces/

                The "divorces" collection is just part of the transcribing work of Hugh
                Armstrong. This collection and a number of others need to be finalized, and
                then we'll have a big posting on the AFHS list to let you know what is
                available. (I should have had it finished before Christmas, but .... life
                got in the way). Cross your fingers and you'll hear an announcement in
                February.

                In Kinship,
                Judith Rempel
                judith@...