Internet Explorer fix.

  • Info from Brian
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2004
      To the other members of AFHS's computer SIG tips group. You have
      probably heard about some of the recently announced problems with Internet
      Explorer. The worst I thought was the phishing vulnerability. If you want a
      good definition of what this is, this first link at an Internet dictionary
      will tell you.

      http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/p/phishing.html

      If you want to read an article on the fix, here is another article.

      http://www.computerworld.com/securitytopics/security/holes/story/0,10801,898
      04,00.html

      If you have not already installed the patch and would like to, here is
      a link to Microsoft's fix. If you don't know if you have it already, in
      Internet Explorer click on Help/About Internet Explorer. It will show you
      the version you have and the patches installed ie. Update Versions should
      show Q832894.

      http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/?url=/technet/security/bulletin/MS
      04-004.asp
      It is a quick install on high speed. After, you have to reboot, so in
      total it may take 10 minutes or so. I use Mozilla Firebird for the
      most part, but occasionally I have to use IE so I thought I best do the
      patch. I'm just glad they felt it serious enough to offer it for free to
      Windows '98 users.

      Brian