RE: Computer Textbook

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2004
      Andereck, Paul A. and Richard A. Pence, Computer Genealogy: A Guide to
      Research Through High Technology, Salt Lake City, Ancestry, Inc., 1985.

      There was a revised edition in 1991 -
      Andereck, Paul; Pence, Richard Computer Genealogy : A Guide to Research
      Through High Technology
      Salt Lake City: Ancestry Incorporated, 1991.

      I thought the plan was to update it every 10 years but I have not seen or
      heard of a 2001 edition nor of any activity by the authors since. They were
      computer and genealogy enthusiasts who started one of the first bulletin
      boards but maybe with all the changes in the Internet and the number of
      others writing on this topic, they decided not to do another one.

      A bio of Richard Pence can be found at
      http://www.pipeline.com/~richardpence/family.htm but I cannot find out what
      happened to Andereck.

      Neither the UofC Library nor CPL seem to have either edition of this book. I
      long since discarded my copy of original edition in favour of more recent
      guides. I certainly would not advise obtaining the original edition but
      cannot comment on the 1991 - other than that this edition is over ten years
      old.

      à bientôt,

      Phone: (403) 295-3490; Fax: (403) 274-0564