Re: WWI war MICs

  • Keith Maitland
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 31, 2004
      Thanks Helen.
      This will be a tremendous asset for those of us with ancestors in WW1 British forces.

      Keith

      Helen Backhouse wrote:

      I got this in my email. It might be of interest to someone out there.Helen PRO are digitising the MICs.

      So far surnames beginning A & B are available. Searches are free returning
      Name, Rank & Regmtl. No., Date and PRO Piece No. For £3 you can download a
      copy of the MIC (I guess); access is free at the PRO.

      See: http://www.documentsonline.pro.gov.uk/whats-new.asp

    • Elaine and Wayne Butler
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 31, 2004
        Helen, would this be for the British or would Canadian troups also be listed?

        Thanks,
        Elaine Butler

        Helen Backhouse <backhohj@...> said:

        > I got this in my email. It might be of interest to someone out there.
        > Helen
        >
        > PRO are digitising the MICs.
        >
        > So far surnames beginning A & B are available. Searches are free =
        > returning
        > Name, Rank & Regmtl. No., Date and PRO Piece No. For =A33 you can =
        > download a
        > copy of the MIC (I guess); access is free at the PRO.
        >
        > See: http://www.documentsonline.pro.gov.uk/whats-new.asp

        http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      • Helen Backhouse
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 31, 2004
          As I have not had time to look at the site I do not know if it covers
          Canadians. If you have a look and find that the Canadians are covered as
          well as the British, then I think a message on dist-gen would be a good
          idea.
          Helen

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 31, 2004
            Canadian WW1 vets enlistment info available on "archivianet" a federal
            government site. Access by search on Yahoo.

            Keith