WWI war MICs

  • Helen Backhouse
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 31, 2004
      I got this in my email. It might be of interest to someone out there.
      Helen

      PRO are digitising the MICs.

      So far surnames beginning A & B are available. Searches are free returning
      Name, Rank & Regmtl. No., Date and PRO Piece No. For £3 you can download a
      copy of the MIC (I guess); access is free at the PRO.

      See:
      http://www.documentsonline.pro.gov.uk/whats-new.asp
    • Keith Maitland
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 31, 2004
        Thanks Helen.
        This will be a tremendous asset for those of us with ancestors in WW1 British forces.

        Keith

        Helen Backhouse wrote:

        I got this in my email. It might be of interest to someone out there.Helen PRO are digitising the MICs.

        So far surnames beginning A & B are available. Searches are free returning
        Name, Rank & Regmtl. No., Date and PRO Piece No. For £3 you can download a
        copy of the MIC (I guess); access is free at the PRO.

        See: http://www.documentsonline.pro.gov.uk/whats-new.asp

      • Elaine and Wayne Butler
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 31, 2004
          Helen, would this be for the British or would Canadian troups also be listed?

          Thanks,
          Elaine Butler

          Helen Backhouse <backhohj@...> said:

          > I got this in my email. It might be of interest to someone out there.
          > Helen
          >
          > PRO are digitising the MICs.
          >
          > So far surnames beginning A & B are available. Searches are free =
          > returning
          > Name, Rank & Regmtl. No., Date and PRO Piece No. For =A33 you can =
          > download a
          > copy of the MIC (I guess); access is free at the PRO.
          >
          > See: http://www.documentsonline.pro.gov.uk/whats-new.asp

          http://www.afhs.ab.ca
        • Helen Backhouse
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 31, 2004
            As I have not had time to look at the site I do not know if it covers
            Canadians. If you have a look and find that the Canadians are covered as
            well as the British, then I think a message on dist-gen would be a good
            idea.
            Helen

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 31, 2004
              Canadian WW1 vets enlistment info available on "archivianet" a federal
              government site. Access by search on Yahoo.

              Keith