Bruce County Ontario Census and Homestead Info.

  • Marg Randall McCready
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 5, 2002
      Does anyone know if there is any census information or land information online for Bruce County, Ontario?  I am trying to help someone find relatives.

      Thanks,

      Marg McCready
    • Douglas Stobbs
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 5, 2002
        Hello Marg:

        > Does anyone know if there is any census information or land information
        > online for Bruce County, Ontario? I am trying to help someone find
        > relatives.

        The 1871 Federal Census for Ontario only, is on the National Archives Canada
        website.

        I have the 1881 Canadian on CDs wnd will be glad to do look-ups

        The 1901 is also on the National Archives website, has all of Canada.

        Happy hunting, Doug.

        --
        {Douglas Stobbs, 2420 2nd Ave NW #308, Calgary AB Canada, T2N 0H4.

      • Peter van Schaik
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 5, 2002
          At 05:15 PM 9/5/02, you wrote:
          >Does anyone know if there is any census information or land information
          >online for Bruce County, Ontario? I am trying to help someone find relatives.
          > Thanks,
          > Marg McCready

          Marg ,
          Have you looked at the different Ontario data CD's in the FHC .
          Or the Civil records registration index ? It starts in 1869 and goes well
          in to the 1900's.
          There also is marriage films for the time before 1869.

          Groetjes from.......................Peter!!!!!!

          Docs4u Research.
          Genealogical research service for North Americans from the Netherlands,
          Belgium , Indonesia and the British Isles. Very reasonable rates.
          Mailto:docs4u@...

          Peter Jm van Schaik
          237 Mount Blakiston Road West , Lethbridge
          Alberta ,Canada
          postal code ; T1K 6M8
          Phone number 403 - 394 - 0063

        • Judith Rempel
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 6, 2002
            > Marg Randall McCready wrote:
            >
            > Does anyone know if there is any census information or land
            > information online for Bruce County, Ontario? I am trying to help
            > someone find relatives.

            Marg - don't forget to check out our Cdn. Gen. Projects Registry for
            those kinds of things, and let me know if you find good resources that
            don't appear on the Registry.

            Cheers.

            --
            In Kinship,