Re: FW: TOURBUS EXTRA - 17 Jan 04 - Extra, Extra

  • Rene Dussome
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 18, 2004
      Hi Judii:

      Many thanks for sending us this logical reason why we sometimes get
      duplicate messages.

      > "Do you have a problem with your computer that just irks you every
      > time you turn it on?"

      Yes I do. For some time now when I open an e-mail in Netscape 4.78 (yes
      I am still using that for e-mails although I have more or less converted
      to Internet Explorer when "surfing") the message appears in "minimize"
      format and I have to "maximize" it. At some point I must have clicked on
      "something" that changed the way I receive e-mails. Do you, or any other
      Netscape user, know how I can reverse the procedure?

      I hope your shoulder is much better now.

      Regards,

      Rene

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • From Brian
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 18, 2004
           The message made me think of something I've wanted  to pass on. I downloaded the Firebird browser and have been using it for about a month. I highly recommend it. It is quick and has nice features. It is based on Netscape code, so I like the feel. Here is a link to the site for the  download.

        http://www.mozilla.org/products/firebird/

           Brian

        At 11:43 AM 1/18/04 Sunday, you wrote:

        Yes I do. For some time now when I open an e-mail in Netscape 4.78 (yes
        I am still using that for e-mails although I have more or less converted
        to Internet Explorer when "surfing")
      • Judith Rempel
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 18, 2004

          I believe what you'll need to do is be sure that you have such a message
          open, resize and locate it on the screen where you prefer to see it, and
          then close the software. It should "remember" that as the default the next
          time.

          > I hope your shoulder is much better now.

          Ugh. Am going back to work tomorrow, but am still on painkillers and am not
          yet driving. I hate this kind of a struggle!

          Cheers to all.

          - Judii

          http://www.afhs.ab.ca
        • Rene Dussome
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 18, 2004
            Hi Judii:

            > > For some time now when I open an e-mail in Netscape 4.78 (yes
            > > I am still using that for e-mails although I have more or less converted
            > > to Internet Explorer when "surfing") the message appears in "minimize"
            > > format and I have to "maximize" it. At some point I must have clicked on
            > > "something" that changed the way I receive e-mails. Do you, or any other
            > > Netscape user, know how I can reverse the procedure?
            >
            > I believe what you'll need to do is be sure that you have such a message
            > open, resize and locate it on the screen where you prefer to see it, and
            > then close the software. It should "remember" that as the default the next
            > time.

            Thanks for your advice Judii. Caroly Lylyk gave me similar advice and I
            am pleased to say that my problem has been solved.

            > > I hope your shoulder is much better now.
            >
            > Ugh. Am going back to work tomorrow, but am still on painkillers and am not
            > yet driving. I hate this kind of a struggle!

            I am sorry that you are still having pain in your shoulder. It has been
            a long time and I can imagine you are pretty fed up with the whole
            thing. Hopefully you will get better soon.

            Regards,

            Rene