FW: TOURBUS EXTRA - 17 Jan 04 - Extra, Extra

  • Judith Rempel
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 18, 2004
      From time to time, AFHSers have been frustrated that they get multiple
      copies of a message on the distgen or other sources. I don't recall a
      reason being given for this - other than for the individual to accept that
      it was a "hiccup" in "the system".

      Below, Tourbus newsletter makes an explanation that surely makes sense to
      me. Thought others would be interested as well.

      In Kinship,
      Judith Rempel
      judith@...

      and

      1906@...
      1906 Census Transcription Centre
      http://www.afhs.ab.ca/data/census/1906/

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 18, 2004
        Hi Judii:

        Many thanks for sending us this logical reason why we sometimes get
        duplicate messages.

        > "Do you have a problem with your computer that just irks you every
        > time you turn it on?"

        Yes I do. For some time now when I open an e-mail in Netscape 4.78 (yes
        I am still using that for e-mails although I have more or less converted
        to Internet Explorer when "surfing") the message appears in "minimize"
        format and I have to "maximize" it. At some point I must have clicked on
        "something" that changed the way I receive e-mails. Do you, or any other
        Netscape user, know how I can reverse the procedure?

        I hope your shoulder is much better now.

        Regards,

        Rene

        http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      • From Brian

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 18, 2004

            I believe what you'll need to do is be sure that you have such a message
            open, resize and locate it on the screen where you prefer to see it, and
            then close the software. It should "remember" that as the default the next
            time.

            > I hope your shoulder is much better now.

            Ugh. Am going back to work tomorrow, but am still on painkillers and am not
            yet driving. I hate this kind of a struggle!

            Cheers to all.

            - Judii

            http://www.afhs.ab.ca
          • Rene Dussome
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 18, 2004
              Hi Judii:

              > > For some time now when I open an e-mail in Netscape 4.78 (yes
              > > I am still using that for e-mails although I have more or less converted
              > > to Internet Explorer when "surfing") the message appears in "minimize"
              > > format and I have to "maximize" it. At some point I must have clicked on
              > > "something" that changed the way I receive e-mails. Do you, or any other
              > > Netscape user, know how I can reverse the procedure?
              >
              > I believe what you'll need to do is be sure that you have such a message
              > open, resize and locate it on the screen where you prefer to see it, and
              > then close the software. It should "remember" that as the default the next
              > time.

              Thanks for your advice Judii. Caroly Lylyk gave me similar advice and I
              am pleased to say that my problem has been solved.

              > > I hope your shoulder is much better now.
              >
              > Ugh. Am going back to work tomorrow, but am still on painkillers and am not
              > yet driving. I hate this kind of a struggle!

              I am sorry that you are still having pain in your shoulder. It has been
              a long time and I can imagine you are pretty fed up with the whole
              thing. Hopefully you will get better soon.

              Regards,

              Rene