Windows 98

  • Gordon Lane
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 9, 2004
      Microsoft Will End Support For Windows 98 January 16
      http://link.surfsecret.com/?5C9Wv Although most people will have upgraded
      to Windows 2000 or XP by now, there's still a sizable population using
      Windows 98 who will now be left to troubleshoot their problems without
      Microsoft. There may be time to get in one last support call if needed.

      Regards

      Gordon Lane
      Vice Chair
      AFHS Webster
      Editor Chinook

      Family website
      http://www.rumbolt.com

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Charlie Hansen
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 12, 2004
        On 9 Jan 2004 Gordon Lane wrote:

        > Microsoft Will End Support For Windows 98 January 16
        > http://link.surfsecret.com/?5C9Wv Although most people will have upgraded
        > to Windows 2000 or XP by now, there's still a sizable population using
        > Windows 98 who will now be left to troubleshoot their problems without
        > Microsoft. There may be time to get in one last support call if needed.

        According to an article today on the Globe and Mail technology page,
        Microsoft have announced an extension to their support of Windows 98.
        The headline reads: "Microsoft extends Windows 98 support to 2006".
        The article can be found at (2 line URL?):

        http://www.globetechnology.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20040112.gtwin980112/BN
        Story/Technology/

        "Full details about the extended support period for these products will
        be available at http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle as of January 15,
        2004."

        I guess there's no need now for us to rush for last minute support.

        Charlie