Re: Firewall in XP

  • Bill Boogaart
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2003
      Disable the XP firewall after you get another product such as ZoneAlarm
      Pro. The XP firewall only monitors inbound traffic, not outbound. And, if
      you have a small network with another PC in your home/office you cannot
      share printers with the XP firewall activated. You would also be wise to
      invest in a hardware router which installs between your cable modem and
      your PC. The router provides you with a hardware firewall and makes your PC
      totally invisible to the outside world.