RE: Firewall in XP

  • Gordon Lane
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 30, 2003
      Hi Donna,

      I would recommend that you get a firewall from another company and not use
      the Microsoft one.

      Regards

      Gordon Lane
      Vice Chair - Facilities
      Editor Chinook

      Family website
      http://www.rumbolt.com

    • Bill Boogaart
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 31, 2003
        Disable the XP firewall after you get another product such as ZoneAlarm
        Pro. The XP firewall only monitors inbound traffic, not outbound. And, if
        you have a small network with another PC in your home/office you cannot
        share printers with the XP firewall activated. You would also be wise to
        invest in a hardware router which installs between your cable modem and
        your PC. The router provides you with a hardware firewall and makes your PC
        totally invisible to the outside world.