A. M Shaver Funeral Home

  • Judie Riddell
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 25, 2003
      Does anyone have any information on the A. M. Shaver Funeral Home of Calgary
      which operated in the early 1900's?

      Also I do recall having a read a book about the history of Funeral Homes in
      Alberta. A check of the Calgary Public Library has not yielded any results
      but I do recall Marlene Knott and myself reading it a few years ago. Any
      one who might have the title please forward it to me.

      Judie Riddell

    • Lynne Kleingertner
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 26, 2003
        Hi Judie,

        Is this the book you were thinking of? Its showing in at WR Castell Central
        Library, a circulating copy and one in the Local History Department also at
        Village Square Branch, and Fish Creek.

        A history of funeral service in Alberta : stories and photographs of
        funeral directors and funeral homes, care-givers, cremationists,
        cemeterians, memorialists and monument makers of the Province of Alberta,
        from 1886 to 1993 /
        Alberta Funeral Service Association, 1993.
        Call #: 393. 097123 HIS
        ISBN: 0969579217 :

        Additional Authors: Gunderson, Harald.
        Alberta Funeral Service Association.

        You probably already know know you can access the Calgary Public Library
        Catalogue online at www.calgarypubliclibrary.com and place a hold that way.

        regards
        Lynne Kleingertner