Library Update

  • Gordon Lane
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 18, 2003
      The Library and shop suffered no damage from the fire next door. The video
      store had some slight smoke damage but Harold reports there is no smoke
      damage in the Genealogy Bureau or our Library.

      The only caution:

      The area is icy due to all the water from the fire fighting so he reccomends
      everyone be very careful in the parking lot and only come in through the
      front door until the area can be cleared of ice.

      Regards

      Gordon Lane
      Vice Chair - Facilities
      Editor Chinook

      Family website
      http://www.rumbolt.com

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Ronna L. Byam
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 19, 2003
        I was up there today and am amazed that there was no damage to the
        neighbouring buildings. The restaurant was completely destroyed - there is
        nothing left. We were truly blessed that our premises escaped!
        Ronna Byam
        Treasurer