Re: Well done, Sheila & Ellen

  • Judith Rempel
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 4, 2002
      Can hardly wait to hear it - workplans just didn't include
      radio-listening today. Sigh.

      Let's hear some debriefing tales from Ellen & Sheila!

      --
      In Kinship,
      Judith Rempel, Webster
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 4, 2002
        You're all too kind! All the praise should go to Sheila. She saved my
        bacon several times. I can't thank her enough. It was a pleasure to be in
        the studio with her. She is the consummate "teacher". Bravo, Sheila, I was
        so proud of you.

        All I can say about my performance is: "imported Italian cheese! Indeed!
        I'll never live this one down, I'm sure.

        Ellen Kinghorn
        Email: ellen@...
        Webpage: www.kinghorn.ca

        > Can hardly wait to hear it - workplans just didn't include
        > radio-listening today. Sigh.
        >
        > Let's hear some debriefing tales from Ellen & Sheila!
        >
        > Gord Hulbert wrote:
        > >
        > > Amen!! The ladies did a fabulous job.
        > >
        > > I have recorded the hour segment onto video tape.

      • Sheila Johnston
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 4, 2002
          You are all very much too kind! Ellen, there's obviously enough praise to
          share; I think we made a good combination, and I thank you for the
          opportunity to share the interview with you, as well as the audience. The
          loaf of Italian bread was obviously a master stroke. It really illustrated
          what we were trying to say. Margie Taylor asked if this was our first
          "Ellen and Sheila" show, and we assured her that it was.
          Of course, after we finished, I began to think of what we missed, such as
          the name of the place where we meet, and the phone number of AFHS!! I did
          remedy the latter by leaving our web site address and the phone number at
          the CBC switchboard. When I left the calls were still coming in, which was
          a good sign.
          Everyone at CBC was most welcoming, and Margie Taylor is obviously very
          skilled at her job. She also is truly interested in her own family history.
          Bill, I add my thanks to Ellen's, as I think this was a great opportunity
          which you opened up for AFHS.
          Thanks for all the compliments.

          Sheila

          Sheila Johnston <smjohnston@...>