Articles for Chinook

  • Gordon Lane
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 11, 2003
      Hi everyone,

      Still looking for articles for the Chinook, please email them to me directly

      Regards

      Gordon Lane
      Vice Chair - Facilities
      Editor Chinook

      Family website
      http://www.rumbolt.com

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Mertie Beatty
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 14, 2003
        Hello Gordon:
        I have a poem, one page long, that I wrote some years back when thinking
        about my ancestors. It was be a full page in the Chinook. It is on my old
        computer some where and I need to find it and will e-mail it to you. I have
        not "published" it before, maybe now is the time.
        Mertie

        > Still looking for articles for the Chinook, please email them to me
        directly

        > Regards
        >
        > Gordon Lane
        > Vice Chair - Facilities
        > Editor Chinook
        >
        > Alberta Family Histories Society
        > http://www.afhs.ab.ca
        >
        > Family website
        > http://www.rumbolt.com

      • John Doyle
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 14, 2003
          Hi Gordon,

          When do you need the articles?

          Judith Doyle

          > Still looking for articles for the Chinook, please email them to me
          directly

          > Regards
          >
          > Gordon Lane
          > Vice Chair - Facilities
          > Editor Chinook
          >
          > Alberta Family Histories Society
          > http://www.afhs.ab.ca
          >
          > Family website
          > http://www.rumbolt.com

        • Gordon Lane
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 14, 2003
            Hi Judith,

            If I could have something the first week of December that would be great.
            If you have a series of articles, that would be even better.

            Regards

            Gordon Lane
            Vice Chair - Facilities
            Editor Chinook

            Family website
            http://www.rumbolt.com

          • Gordon Lane
            Message 5 of 6 , May 23, 2004
              Hi everyone,

              I shall be on holidays in England (Mum and Dad's 60th wedding anniversary
              and I need to steal their telegram from the Queen for my records) for the
              last two weeks in August and would like to have the Chinook mostly completed
              before I go.

              I will only have 2 days when I get back to complete it before it has to go
              to the publishers for our September meeting. If you can send me any
              articles as early as possible it would be greatly appreciated.

              All articles are welcome - don't forget it's you who make the Chinook a
              great magazine to read. It goes out to 124 different societies and libraries
              in Canada and around the world. The "My Favorite Ancestors" section has had
              requests from individuals who read the magazine to have their copies mailed
              to them as they also had interests in that particular name.

              Regards

              Gordon Lane
              Chairman,
              Alberta Family Histories Society
              712-16th Ave NW.
              Calgary, AB, Canada
              T2M 0J8
              (403)214-1447

              AFHS Webster
              Editor Chinook

              AFHS Website: http://www.afhs.ab.ca

              Family website
              http://www.rumbolt.com

              http://www.afhs.ab.ca
            • Gordon Lane
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 19, 2004
                Looking for articles for the next Chinook.

                Tell us about your research from the summer, long lost ancestors, how-to
                tips, favorite ancestors, went to a reunion - family or town or group. New
                research methods or resources, favorite recipes. If you send photos can you
                please scan them at 300 dpi to give the best reproduction when printing

                Regards

                Gordon Lane
                Chairman
                Alberta Family Histories Society