Re: Atlantic Canada SIG Reminder

  • George Lake
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 10, 2003
      Hi Inge:
      This is nit-picking but:
      I would like to have AFHS project a single consistent image to the public
      about all we do. I note your notice indicates the Atlantic Group meets in
      the Genealogy Bureau - that is the bookstore upstairs.
      It would help us project that AFHS image if future announcements refer to
      it as the AFHS Library. We have our sign in the window and will soon erect
      a sign on the exposed west wall of the building so people should be able to
      find us by our own name.
      Thanks for your cooperation.
      Geo

      At 06:45 PM 11/9/2003, you wrote:
      >Atlantic Canada Special Interest Group Announcement
      >
      >The Atlantic Canada SIG will be meeting from 7 to 9 p. m. on Wednesday,
      >November 12, 2003 at the Genealogy Bureau, located at 712-16th Avenue NW,
      >Calgary, AB. Our topic for this evening's meeting will be on the Maritime
      >Acadians. This is great opportunity to come and share your Acadian
      >backgrounds. Next year, 200,000 people are expected to visit the Maritimes
      >because of the 400th Acadian Anniversary. Everyone welcome!

      George Lake
      Chairman, Alberta Family Histories Society
      Calgary Canada

      email: chairman@...
      AFHS Website: www.afhs.ab.ca

      my website: www.glake.ca