Atlantic Canada SIG Reminder

  • ILEAVELL@steelcase.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 9, 2003
      Atlantic Canada Special Interest Group Announcement

      The Atlantic Canada SIG will be meeting from 7 to 9 p. m. on Wednesday,
      November 12, 2003 at the Genealogy Bureau, located at 712-16th Avenue NW,
      Calgary, AB. Our topic for this evening's meeting will be on the Maritime
      Acadians. This is great opportunity to come and share your Acadian
      backgrounds. Next year, 200,000 people are expected to visit the Maritimes
      because of the 400th Acadian Anniversary. Everyone welcome!

      The Atlantic Canada Special Interest Group meets bi-monthly, on the second
      Wednesday evening of the month at the Genealogy Bureau. Our group covers
      family history specific to Newfoundland and Labrador, New Brunswick, Nova
      Scotia and Prince Edward Island. The first 90 minutes are typically spent on
      the topic of the evening and the balance of the time is spent using the AFHS
      Library. New members always welcome!

      November 12, 2003 Maritime Acadians
      January 14, 2004 - TBA
      March 10, 2004 - TBA
      May 12, 2004 TBA

      For questions regarding this meeting or if you require a ride to our meetings,
      please contact Inge Leavell at ileavell@... or at 403.948.0543.

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • John Currie
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 9, 2003
        Inge Regret I can't make it on Wed. Sounds like a great topic. John
        > Atlantic Canada Special Interest Group Announcement
        >
        > The Atlantic Canada SIG will be meeting from 7 to 9 p. m. on Wednesday,
        > November 12, 2003 at the Genealogy Bureau, located at 712-16th Avenue NW,
        > Calgary, AB. Our topic for this evening's meeting will be on the Maritime
        > Acadians. This is great opportunity to come and share your Acadian
        > backgrounds. Next year, 200,000 people are expected to visit the
        Maritimes
        > because of the 400th Acadian Anniversary. Everyone welcome!
        >
        > The Atlantic Canada Special Interest Group meets bi-monthly, on the second
        > Wednesday evening of the month at the Genealogy Bureau. Our group covers
        > family history specific to Newfoundland and Labrador, New Brunswick, Nova
        > Scotia and Prince Edward Island. The first 90 minutes are typically spent
        on
        > the topic of the evening and the balance of the time is spent using the
        AFHS
        > Library. New members always welcome!
        >
        > November 12, 2003 Maritime Acadians
        > January 14, 2004 - TBA
        > March 10, 2004 - TBA
        > May 12, 2004 TBA
        >
        > For questions regarding this meeting or if you require a ride to our
        meetings,
        > please contact Inge Leavell at ileavell@... or at 403.948.0543.

      • George Lake
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 10, 2003
          Hi Inge:
          This is nit-picking but:
          I would like to have AFHS project a single consistent image to the public
          about all we do. I note your notice indicates the Atlantic Group meets in
          the Genealogy Bureau - that is the bookstore upstairs.
          It would help us project that AFHS image if future announcements refer to
          it as the AFHS Library. We have our sign in the window and will soon erect
          a sign on the exposed west wall of the building so people should be able to
          find us by our own name.
          Thanks for your cooperation.
          Geo

          At 06:45 PM 11/9/2003, you wrote:
          >Atlantic Canada Special Interest Group Announcement
          >
          >The Atlantic Canada SIG will be meeting from 7 to 9 p. m. on Wednesday,
          >November 12, 2003 at the Genealogy Bureau, located at 712-16th Avenue NW,
          >Calgary, AB. Our topic for this evening's meeting will be on the Maritime
          >Acadians. This is great opportunity to come and share your Acadian
          >backgrounds. Next year, 200,000 people are expected to visit the Maritimes
          >because of the 400th Acadian Anniversary. Everyone welcome!

          George Lake
          Chairman, Alberta Family Histories Society
          Calgary Canada

          email: chairman@...
          AFHS Website: www.afhs.ab.ca

          my website: www.glake.ca