Re: Faxing Southport

  • RoseMarie McLean
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 9, 2003
      Hi Marg:
      You might try leaving the 0 off in front of the 1704. That may work. rm

      On Sunday, November 9, 2003, at 04:22 PM, Marg Randall McCready wrote:

      > I am trying to order some certificates from the General Register
      > Office in Southport, England.  The number I am using is 011 44 01704
      > 550013.  I keep getting a message saying the number can not be
      > completed as dialled.  Has anyone been successful at doing this and if
      > so, what number did you use?
      >
      > I would have liked to order online but their website says online
      > ordering is only available from the UK.  Anyone tried this anyway?
      >
      > Any help would be appreciated.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >  Marg McCready

      Iron rusts from disuse, stagnant water loses its purity, and in cold
      weather becomes frozen: even so does inaction sap the vigors of the
      mind.
      Leonardo Da Vinci (1452 - 1519).

      RoseMarie McLean
      Calgary/Kaslo
      CANADA
    • Marjorie Ramsay
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 10, 2003

        Marg Randall McCready wrote:

        I am trying to order some certificates from the General Register Office in Southport, England.  The number I am using is 011 44 01704 550013.  I keep getting a message saying the number can not be completed as dialled.  Has anyone been successful at doing this and if so, what number did you use? I would have liked to order online but their website says online ordering is only available from the UK.  Anyone tried this anyway? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Marg McCready
        You are missing one number:        011  441     Namely the 1 after the 44      Marjorie Ramsay

      • Marjorie Ramsay
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 10, 2003
          Marg Randall McCready wrote:

          > I am trying to order some certificates from the General Register
          > Office in Southport, England. The number I am using is 011 44 01704
          > 550013. I keep getting a message saying the number can not be
          > completed as dialled. Has anyone been successful at doing this and if
          > so, what number did you use? I would have liked to order online but
          > their website says online ordering is only available from the UK.
          > Anyone tried this anyway? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Marg
          > McCready

          Yes Gordon is right, I didn't notice that, so you drop the 0 and you
          need the 1 after 44 i.e. 441
          Marjorie Ramsay