Faxing Southport

  • Marg Randall McCready
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 9, 2003
      I am trying to order some certificates from the General Register Office in Southport, England.  The number I am using is 011 44 01704 550013.  I keep getting a message saying the number can not be completed as dialled.  Has anyone been successful at doing this and if so, what number did you use?

      I would have liked to order online but their website says online ordering is only available from the UK.  Anyone tried this anyway?

      Any help would be appreciated.

      Thanks,
       Marg McCready
    • RoseMarie McLean
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 9, 2003
        Hi Marg:
        You might try leaving the 0 off in front of the 1704. That may work. rm

        On Sunday, November 9, 2003, at 04:22 PM, Marg Randall McCready wrote:

        > I am trying to order some certificates from the General Register
        > Office in Southport, England.  The number I am using is 011 44 01704
        > 550013.  I keep getting a message saying the number can not be
        > completed as dialled.  Has anyone been successful at doing this and if
        > so, what number did you use?
        >
        > I would have liked to order online but their website says online
        > ordering is only available from the UK.  Anyone tried this anyway?
        >
        > Any help would be appreciated.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >  Marg McCready

        Iron rusts from disuse, stagnant water loses its purity, and in cold
        weather becomes frozen: even so does inaction sap the vigors of the
        mind.
        Leonardo Da Vinci (1452 - 1519).

        RoseMarie McLean
        Calgary/Kaslo
        CANADA
      • Gordon Lane
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 9, 2003
          Message
          I believe you have to drop the 0 in 01704

          Regards

          Gordon Lane
          Vice Chair - Facilities
          Editor Chinook

          Family website
          http://www.rumbolt.com

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 10, 2003

            Marg Randall McCready wrote:

            I am trying to order some certificates from the General Register Office in Southport, England.  The number I am using is 011 44 01704 550013.  I keep getting a message saying the number can not be completed as dialled.  Has anyone been successful at doing this and if so, what number did you use? I would have liked to order online but their website says online ordering is only available from the UK.  Anyone tried this anyway? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Marg McCready
            You are missing one number:        011  441     Namely the 1 after the 44      Marjorie Ramsay

          • Marjorie Ramsay
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 10, 2003
              Marg Randall McCready wrote:

              > I am trying to order some certificates from the General Register
              > Office in Southport, England. The number I am using is 011 44 01704
              > 550013. I keep getting a message saying the number can not be
              > completed as dialled. Has anyone been successful at doing this and if
              > so, what number did you use? I would have liked to order online but
              > their website says online ordering is only available from the UK.
              > Anyone tried this anyway? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Marg
              > McCready

              Yes Gordon is right, I didn't notice that, so you drop the 0 and you
              need the 1 after 44 i.e. 441
              Marjorie Ramsay