Re: Well done, Sheila & Ellen

  • Gord Hulbert
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 4, 2002
      Amen!! The ladies did a fabulous job.

      I have recorded the hour segment onto video tape.

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 4, 2002
        Sheila and Ellen, you were great. You did an excellent job of representing
        AFHS and of promoting family history research. You fielded questions in a
        very professional and helpful manner. Congratulations on a job well done.
        Carol Lee

      • Judith Rempel
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 4, 2002
          Can hardly wait to hear it - workplans just didn't include
          radio-listening today. Sigh.

          Let's hear some debriefing tales from Ellen & Sheila!

          --
          In Kinship,
          Judith Rempel, Webster
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 4, 2002
            You're all too kind! All the praise should go to Sheila. She saved my
            bacon several times. I can't thank her enough. It was a pleasure to be in
            the studio with her. She is the consummate "teacher". Bravo, Sheila, I was
            so proud of you.

            All I can say about my performance is: "imported Italian cheese! Indeed!
            I'll never live this one down, I'm sure.

            Ellen Kinghorn
            Email: ellen@...
            Webpage: www.kinghorn.ca

            > Can hardly wait to hear it - workplans just didn't include
            > radio-listening today. Sigh.
            >
            > Let's hear some debriefing tales from Ellen & Sheila!
            >
            > Gord Hulbert wrote:
            > >
            > > Amen!! The ladies did a fabulous job.
            > >
            > > I have recorded the hour segment onto video tape.

          • Sheila Johnston
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 4, 2002
              You are all very much too kind! Ellen, there's obviously enough praise to
              share; I think we made a good combination, and I thank you for the
              opportunity to share the interview with you, as well as the audience. The
              loaf of Italian bread was obviously a master stroke. It really illustrated
              what we were trying to say. Margie Taylor asked if this was our first
              "Ellen and Sheila" show, and we assured her that it was.
              Of course, after we finished, I began to think of what we missed, such as
              the name of the place where we meet, and the phone number of AFHS!! I did
              remedy the latter by leaving our web site address and the phone number at
              the CBC switchboard. When I left the calls were still coming in, which was
              a good sign.
              Everyone at CBC was most welcoming, and Margie Taylor is obviously very
              skilled at her job. She also is truly interested in her own family history.
              Bill, I add my thanks to Ellen's, as I think this was a great opportunity
              which you opened up for AFHS.
              Thanks for all the compliments.

              Sheila

              Sheila Johnston <smjohnston@...>