Re: Laser Printer Problem

  • E.Rodier
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 5, 2003
      If you mean the paper looks dirty, try a cleaner sheet. "Removes toner, dirt
      and dust from the paper path to improve print quality."
      www.fellowes.com/
      I've still got a few sheets in a package opened Aug 1996. Switched to full
      time color ink jet printers in 1997.

      Seems to me that turning pages to print on the back was a problem along with
      heat that curled the pages. No experience with recent laser printers. --
      Elizabeth

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 5, 2003
        > I have a Brother HL-1230 Laser printer. Lately my printed material has a
        > very dirty appearance to it. The background is just terrible. However
        the
        > actual printed characters are very black in color, not faded at all.

        > Does anyone know how replacing a toner cartridge can clean up the
        > background? Maybe I should get my printer cleaned before I get the new
        > cartridge. Comments.

        I believe the Brother has a separate drum. These usually need replacing
        about every fourth or fifth toner cartridge. Some printers (HP, Samsung)
        combine the drum with the toner which supposedly keeps the background clean
        but it raises the toner cartridge price considerably. I'd suggest you ask
        Brother about the drum.

        Bill