Well done, Sheila & Ellen

  • Eileen McElroy
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 4, 2002
      Just a quick note to commend Ellen and Sheila on their Wild Rose Forum
      appearance. They did a wonderful job and represented our society
      well. Thank you ladies!

      Regards,
      Eileen

    • Gord Hulbert
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 4, 2002
        Amen!! The ladies did a fabulous job.

        I have recorded the hour segment onto video tape.

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 4, 2002
          Sheila and Ellen, you were great. You did an excellent job of representing
          AFHS and of promoting family history research. You fielded questions in a
          very professional and helpful manner. Congratulations on a job well done.
          Carol Lee

        • Judith Rempel
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 4, 2002
            Can hardly wait to hear it - workplans just didn't include
            radio-listening today. Sigh.

            Let's hear some debriefing tales from Ellen & Sheila!

            --
            In Kinship,
            Judith Rempel, Webster
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 4, 2002
              You're all too kind! All the praise should go to Sheila. She saved my
              bacon several times. I can't thank her enough. It was a pleasure to be in
              the studio with her. She is the consummate "teacher". Bravo, Sheila, I was
              so proud of you.

              All I can say about my performance is: "imported Italian cheese! Indeed!
              I'll never live this one down, I'm sure.

              Ellen Kinghorn
              Email: ellen@...
              Webpage: www.kinghorn.ca

              > Can hardly wait to hear it - workplans just didn't include
              > radio-listening today. Sigh.
              >
              > Let's hear some debriefing tales from Ellen & Sheila!
              >
              > Gord Hulbert wrote:
              > >
              > > Amen!! The ladies did a fabulous job.
              > >
              > > I have recorded the hour segment onto video tape.

            • Sheila Johnston
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 4, 2002
                You are all very much too kind! Ellen, there's obviously enough praise to
                share; I think we made a good combination, and I thank you for the
                opportunity to share the interview with you, as well as the audience. The
                loaf of Italian bread was obviously a master stroke. It really illustrated
                what we were trying to say. Margie Taylor asked if this was our first
                "Ellen and Sheila" show, and we assured her that it was.
                Of course, after we finished, I began to think of what we missed, such as
                the name of the place where we meet, and the phone number of AFHS!! I did
                remedy the latter by leaving our web site address and the phone number at
                the CBC switchboard. When I left the calls were still coming in, which was
                a good sign.
                Everyone at CBC was most welcoming, and Margie Taylor is obviously very
                skilled at her job. She also is truly interested in her own family history.
                Bill, I add my thanks to Ellen's, as I think this was a great opportunity
                which you opened up for AFHS.
                Thanks for all the compliments.

                Sheila

                Sheila Johnston <smjohnston@...>