RE: Polish Name?

  • Ursula Krol
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2003
      Hi Gordon,
      This name can be Polish or Ukrainian. It was change from Krajcki or cut
      short from longer name e.g. Krajowiecki ( krayoviecki). "Kraj" in Polish
      mean land.
      In Polish the pronunciations of the letter "j" is like long "e" and "w" is
      like "v". If the name had this letters the name is pronounce totally
      different in English. Sometimes it is like different name.
      I know some Polish people that make the name shorter, because of the long
      spelling.
      Ursula Krol
      Digital Photo
      238-1234