fundraising for Beatty v AG Canada et al

  • Lois Sparling
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 30, 2003
      As of today, we have received $4,338.65 in donations for our Federal
      Court case, Beatty v AG Canada, to compel the unconditional release of
      the 1911 census. These are all donations from individuals except $100
      from the Jewish Genealogical Society of Southern Alberta and $250 from
      the British Isles Genealogical Society of Greater Ottawa. We are
      looking for an additional $3,161.35. Since we have not yet heard from
      some of our strongest financial supporters, I am confident we will be
      successful in this fundraising effort shortly.

      Lois Sparling

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Lois Sparling
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 4, 2003
        Donations have flooded in even faster in the last two weeks than for
        Beatty et al v Chief Statistician et al in early 2002. If your cheque
        is not already in the mail - hold off.

        Funds should arrive any day now from the Moose Jaw branch of the SGS
        which should put us over the top. If we are still short on our
        fund-raising goal of $7,500 in 2 weeks' time, I will let you know.
        Also, we will need more funds if there is an appeal to the Federal
        Court of Appeal.

        Lois Sparling