Re: Library open time cancelled today

  • DONNA KIRKWOOD
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 29, 2003
      Hi Lorna,
      Just read your email - wished I'd gotten it about 8:45 (Sarah called me
      at home -I delayed leaving for the Humane Society so was home when she
      called). I told her i'd not heard from you so thought it would be still
      open and advised her to call you if nobody showed at 10 am and I didn't
      have my list in front of me to remember who was he buddy. It sounds
      like you were able to sove it :)

      Donna

      > Lorna Laughton wrote:
      >

      > There is just too much snow and too many traffic problems today to ask
      > our library volunteers (Sarah Sorensen and Lois Nicholson) to make
      > the trek to the AFHS library. So we are cancelling today's (Wednesday
      > October 29th) Open Library 10-2.
      >
      > However, they and all the other volunteers do want to encourage YOU to
      > come into the library at the new location (when the streets are in
      > better condition). We have a lot more open time scheduled than last
      > year, but we haven't had a stampede of researchers yet. Don't
      > discourage all these wonderful volunteers! They are knowledgeable,
      > helpful, and friendly people - so come on down!
      >
      > You know all this:
      > AFHS Library: 712 - 16 Avenue NW
      > AFHS Telephone: 214-1447 - has library open hours message
      > AFHS website: www.afhs.ab.ca has 'Calendar of Events' with Library
      > open hours
      >
      > Donna Kirkwood and Lorna Laughton
      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Lorna Laughton
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 29, 2003
        Hi Donna:

        Yes, I should have decided earlier than I did. I talked to Lois Nicholson
        and she phoned Sarah. I assume that she got hold of her before she left for
        the Library this morning.

        How was the driving? I stayed home - thankfully.

        Helen is still planning on going to the library tomorrow morning (9:00 am, I
        think), and she is going to pick up Olive. If you don't want to drive, you
        don't have to go. I'm going to see how the roads are in the morning, but I
        would like to see Olive.