RE: Instant Share E-Mail

  • Judith Rempel
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 28, 2003
      I'd dodge it.

      When I want to transmit an image in a format that's printable and doesn't
      take up a lot of kb, I choose:

      200 dots per inch resolution
      3" x 5" dimensions
      .jpg format

      Jpgs are always viewable in the web browser even if they have no other image
      software.

      If they are wanting the image for publishing (a higher quality document that
      can be manipulated), I'd choose:

      300 dots per inch resolution
      x" x y" dimensions (exactly same size as original)
      .tif format (same as .tiff)
      (creates a file that has more kb; is slower to transmit/open & requires any
      standard image editing software to use/manipulate)

      These are not standard, but generally good enough for most purposes. For
      professional archival or publishing purposes, one would simply bump up the
      resolution.

      In Kinship,
      Judith Rempel, Webster
      judith@...

    • Mary Arthur
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 30, 2003
        HP's Privacy statement goes on and on but I couldn't find a definitive answer. I would write them and ask.
        http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/privacy.html

        --
        arthurm@... you can always reach me @ ar109@...