AFHS Library open more this week!

  • Lorna Laughton
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 20, 2003
      Message

      In honour of  'FAMILY HISTORY WEEK' in Calgary, the AFHS Library is open for more hours.

      So dig through your genealogy piles and find that list of information that you were going to check out at the AFHS library. Check your past copies of "Chinook" for lists of article in our fantastic collection of publications from other Family History societies and for the books and microfiche that has been purchased or donated. In our new location, the microfiche is much easier to find and use. As well, the AFHS library has a PRINTED library catalogue - yes, a list of our holdings. The black binder with the catalogue is on the main library desk. It is organized by topics/locations i.e. 'non-location topics, then British Isles and Ireland, Canada, Europe, USA, and Other Countries. This list is more up-to-date than the current list on our AFHS website (a newer list on our website is on my 'to do' list).

      Come to the AFHS library this week. We have some wonderful library volunteers who have given their time to have our resources available to all members and the public. The Library Committee is very grateful to the many NEW volunteers who have made the expansion of our 'open' times possible.

      TUESDAY OCTOBER 21:        10:00 am - 5:30 pm
      WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 22: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm   and   4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
      FRIDAY OCTOBER 24:             10:00 am - 9:00 pm
      SATURDAY OCTOBER 25:      10:00 am to 5:00 pm