ARCHIVES WEEK ... and a plug for Mennonite Archives and Research

  • Judith Rempel
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2003
      Annually, during Alberta Archives Week, the Archives Society of Alberta
      features a virtual exhibit on their website.

      This year, the theme is: "If These Walls Could Talk".

      To visit the Exhibit, please go to:
      http://www.archivesalberta.org/walls/index.htm

      And, note that like the Glenbow, they have links to some significant records
      at:
      http://www.archivesalberta.org/general/database.htm

      Crossing my fingers ... the Mennonite Historical Society of Alberta will
      become a member of the ASA, and our collections will appear in the online
      Alberta Network of Archives (ANA) database along with those of the following
      bodies:

      Alberta Association of Registered Nurses Museum and Archives
      Athabasca Archives
      Calgary Health Region Archives
      The Calgary Highlanders Museum and Archives
      Canadian Architectural Archives
      Canadian Moravian Archives
      City of Calgary, Corporate Records, Archives
      City of Edmonton Archives
      City of Wetaskiwin Archives
      Claresholm and District Museum
      Eastern Irrigation District Archives
      Edmonton Public Schools Archives and Museum
      Edson Public Library and Archives
      Glenbow Archives
      Grande Prairie Regional Archives
      Jasper Yellowhead Museum and Archives
      Jewish Archives and Historical Society of Edmonton and Northern Alberta
      Legal Archives Society of Alberta
      Lutheran Historical Institute
      Medicine Hat Museum and Art Gallery as well.

      So .... keep looking for Mennonites hidden in your tree. Not sure what
      typical Mennonite names are? See:
      http://www.rootsweb.com/~abmhsa/cmboc/ and click on an alpha link in the box
      on the right.

      In Kinship,