Medical genealogy

  • Gordon Lane
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 7, 2003
      Hi everyone,

      I had a request from Georgie Binks, a writer, this morning to find someone
      who during their research came across medical history that caused them to
      think about or go in for medical screening.

      She is writing a small article for http://familywave.ca and needs someone to
      give a two liner about their research. Please check out the site before you
      respond, I got a comfortable feeling from it when I checked it out.

      She is from Toronto and would like someone to call her collect at 416 489
      1259

      Her email address is georgiebinks@...

      If you are going to respond to this request could you advise the list so we
      don't inundate her with answers. She would like a response before Friday if
      possible due to the long-weekend coming up.

      Many thanks

      Gordon Lane
      Vice Chair
      Editor Chinook

      Family website
      http://www.rumbolt.com

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • E.Rodier
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 7, 2003
        The earliest meeting topic of the computer group (probably 1992) that I
        remember was a presentation by a couple about purchasing Family Tree Maker
        to print a medical chart. Anyone interested in the topic can contact me
        directly for a PDF sample. FTM allows three pictures per person so that the
        same family file can have face pictures, occupations and medical clip art
        (or any three favorites.)

        http://www.myfamily.com/isapi.dll?c=home&htx=loginfront
        FTM online class starts in November at myfamily.com
        -- Elizabeth

        > I had a request from Georgie Binks, a writer, this morning to find someone
        > who during their research came across medical history that caused them to
        > think about or go in for medical screening.

        http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      • Heather Jaremko
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 7, 2003
          Hello,
          I would greatly appreciate seeing the PDF file.
          Thank you,
          Heather Jaremko