Toronto Cemetery Group prohibits cameras.

  • Gordon Lane
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 6, 2003
      An interesting read

      Regards

      Gordon Lane
      Vice Chair - Facilities
      Editor Chinook

      Family website
      http://www.rumbolt.com

      The Mount Pleasant Group of Cemeteries in Toronto prohibits the use of
      cameras.

      For those who wish to read the full article, it is located at:
      http://tinyurl.com/psii

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Alan Muise-Benner
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 7, 2003
        A direct response to the Mount Pleasant Group could be made, with contact
        information found at their website:
        http://www.mountpleasantgroupofcemeteries.ca/
        On the horizontal green bar, select About Us from the links, and then
        Contact Us. You will find a variety of contact methods listed. Companies
        and organizations, such as this, need to hear from those with an interest,
        or concern about detrimental policy. The Victorian model upon which many
        of our cemeteries are designed (especially urban), comprised a park-like
        retreat, where individuals had an opportunity to spiritually commune with,
        and commemorate, those who had passed on before. Within a cemetery, lies
        the story of the community, and the individuals which populated it. This
        heritage should not be lost or forgotten. Any safe method of recording
        this history should not be thwarted, in the name of preservation.
        Alternatives may be the only remaining record, if the monument is lost to
        weathering, vandalism, or other cause.

        Al