BUDDIES BADLY NEEDED

  • Williams, Ann
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2003
      Can anybody help out with this important program? The idea is that an
      existing member just take a new member under their wing - arrange to meet
      them at their first couple of general meetings, introduce them around, show
      them where to get coffee, explain such things as "SIG", encourage them to
      visit the library and generally help them make the most of their membership
      in the Society. Nothing else is required - no doing their research for
      them, no meeting them other than at general meetings. Piece of cake. BUT I
      DO NEED AT LEAST 2 BUDDIES FOR MONDAY'S GENERAL MEETING.

      Hope you can help.

      Ann Williams
      AFHS Secretary
      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • John Doyle
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2003
        Hi everyone,

        Being a Buddy is REALLY EASY. I just meet my clients at the door on their
        first visit (after contacting them by e-mail or phone as to the date, time
        and place, subject of meeting, etc.), show them into the Basics, and sit
        with them during the main program. I introduce them to a few people, answer
        any questions they may have, etc. - just like a friend would.

        They get on well after that without too much from me. So don't be afraid
        to be a Buddy.

        Cheers,

        Judith Doyle