Let's hear about your successes or roadblocks

  • Gordon Lane
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2003
      Want to let everyone know about your successes or roadblocks you have
      encountered this summer.
      Well send your letter to chinook@... and have them in print.

      Any other article would also be most welcome, don't forget your queries, or
      interesting bits of family history. You don't need to be a "writer" - I'm
      not an editor or publisher!

      Have you found some area that of research that may benefit the other
      members, let them know. Photographs are more than welcome, I can scan them
      and then return the photo to you or if you have a scanned photo at 300 dpi
      then that is fine as well.

      Electronic format is better but I will just as happily accept a hard copy.
      Do you have a series of articles? Publish them in the Chinook.

      Regards

      Gordon Lane
      Vice Chair - Facilities
      Editor Chinook

      Family website
      http://www.rumbolt.com

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • E.Rodier
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2003
        I've been working mostly on file transfers for Pocket Genealogist and
        genealogy software comparisons. There are some issues to consider for
        children from blended families, especially if the reseacher needs to share
        data or transfer to a second genealogy program.

        Experimenting with a program to create slide shows from stills with zoom and
        other effects set for specific times eg. show a group picture and zoom to
        one face or show a large family tree and zoom to one branch. Not ready for
        chinook article but willing to discuss in private e-mail. -- Elizabeth