Re: PRONI

  • Rene Dussome
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 28, 2003
      Thanks Brian for your comments.

      In view of your experience, perhaps I CAN retain Netscape 4.7 and use IE
      for online banking if I find the system doesn't work properly with
      Netscape. My version of IE is 6. I have to use it for the English 1901
      census online and sometimes it works better with other websites so I am
      gradually familiarizing myself with it.

      Like you, I am still resistant to IE in general. My main concern is that
      people who use IE are always complaining about the amount of spam they
      receive. I seldom receive any with Netscape.

      Rene

      > Just food for thought. I still use Netscape 4.7(9) for most of my
      > browsing. If the page won't load properly in 4.7(9), I will either
      > start up Netscape 7.02 or Internet Explorer. I like the older
      > Netscape as it loads quicker than either of the other two and I like
      > the feel of it and the menus. Especially the bookmarks handling. It is
      > easy to get into bookmarks and move things around like I want. I
      > don't like 7.02's way of doing bookmarks. I gave up on IE's method,
      > though part of that is my resistance to IE in general.
      >
      > Brian
      >
      > At 11:33 PM 9/27/03 Saturday, you wrote:
      >
      > > Louise:
      > >
      > > > I finally figure out that you have to use Outlook Express to view
      > > this
      > > > site. I was originally using Netscape.
      > > >
      > > > http://proni.nics.gov.uk/freeholders/intro.asp
      > >
      > > I was able to access the site via Netscape 4.7 Louise.
      > >
      > > As you see, I am still using Netscape 4.7 but my bank (B of
      > > Montreal)
      > > tells me if I want to continue using online banking I should update
      > > my
      > > browser as their system is changing, effective October 1st. I am
      > > reluctant to let go of Netscape 4.7.
      > >
      > > Rene Dussome
      > >
      > > http://www.afhs.ab.ca

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Lois Sparling
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 28, 2003
        I access it with Netscape without a problem.

        Lois

        Louise Calderbank wrote:
        I finally figure out that you have to use Outlook Express to view this site. I was originally using Netscape.

        Good Luck
        Louise Calderbank