Next AFHS Meeting

  • rdcgrang@ucalgary.ca
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 30, 2002
      Just a note to remind everyone that our next meeting is on Monday, 9
      September 2002.

      Judi Lee will give "A Virtual Tour of the Calgary Family History Center" at
      6:30 pm, and Cristine Bye will tell us about "I Think so much of Edward:
      Favouritism on the Family Farm" after the business meeting.

    • rdcgrang@ucalgary.ca
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 28, 2002
        The next meeting of the AFHS will take place on 7 October. Inge Leavell will
        talk about "Atlantic Canada Research" at 6:30 p.m., and Joanna Buhr will
        present "Ethnic Groups in Alberta" after the business meeting.

        The topic of the 2 December Main Program is "The AFHS Family Museum". It
        will be an evening of sharing pictures, mementos, and artifacts related to
        family history. If you would like to contribute, please phone Kay Clarke at
        279-1036 or <clarkegk@...>.

      • rdcgrang@ucalgary.ca
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 28, 2002
          The next meeting of the AFHS will take place on 4 November. Our own Bill
          Campbell will present a sequel to "Getting Started" with "How to Keep Going"
          at 6:30 p.m., and author Marjorie Norris will talk about "World War I Nurses"
          after the business meeting.

          The theme of the 2 December Main Program is "The AFHS Family Museum". It
          will be an evening of sharing pictures, mementos, and artifacts related to
          family history -- no speeches necessary! If you would like to bring items
          for display, please phone Kay Clarke at 279-1036 or <clarkegk@...>.

          http://www.afhs.ab.ca
        • rdcgrang@ucalgary.ca
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 27, 2002
            The AFHS Christmas extravaganza will take place on Monday, 2 December.

            The Basics talk, given by Vivan Sampson, will be about the Historical Society
            of Alberta.

            For the Main program, after a short presentation on the topic of family
            museums, members will display their cherished pictures, mementos, and
            artifacts.

            Please remember to bring a few goodies for the coffee break as well as
            donations for the Food Bank.

            http://www.afhs.ab.ca
          • rdcgrang@ucalgary.ca
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 30, 2002
              Happy New Year, everyone.

              The next AFHS meeting will be held on Monday, 6 January 2003. Xenia Stanford
              will discuss Ukrainian Genealogy at the Basics session at 6:30, and then
              Perry Snow will talk about British Home Children at 7:15. After a short
              business meeting, we'll celebrate Ukrainian Christmas Eve with Xenia.
              http://www.afhs.ab.ca
            • rdcgrang@ucalgary.ca
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 25, 2003
                Thanks to a short month of February, it's almost time for another AFHS
                meeting. The next one will be held on 3 March 2003, and the speakers will be:

                Basics at 6:30 - Jan Roseneder - U of C Genealogical Resources
                Main at 7:15 - Larry Robinson - The Titanic.

                http://www.afhs.ab.ca
              • rdcgrang@ucalgary.ca
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 30, 2003
                  The next AFHS meeting will be held at Southminster United Church on 5 May
                  2003. At the 6:30 Basics meeting Kay Clarke will talk about source citation,
                  and at the Main meeting Faye Geddes of Lethbridge will give a presentation on
                  accessing USA documents from Canada.