PRONI

  • Louise Calderbank
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 27, 2003
      I finally figure out that you have to use Outlook Express to view this site. I was originally using Netscape.

      Good Luck
      Louise Calderbank

    • Rene Dussome
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 27, 2003
        Louise:

        > I finally figure out that you have to use Outlook Express to view this
        > site. I was originally using Netscape.
        >
        > http://proni.nics.gov.uk/freeholders/intro.asp

        I was able to access the site via Netscape 4.7 Louise.

        As you see, I am still using Netscape 4.7 but my bank (B of Montreal)
        tells me if I want to continue using online banking I should update my
        browser as their system is changing, effective October 1st. I am
        reluctant to let go of Netscape 4.7.

        Rene Dussome

        http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      • From Brian
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 28, 2003
             Just food for thought. I still use Netscape 4.7(9) for most of my browsing. If  the page won't load properly in 4.7(9), I will either start up Netscape 7.02 or Internet Explorer. I like the older  Netscape as it loads quicker than either of the other two and I like the feel of it and the menus. Especially the bookmarks handling. It is easy to get into bookmarks and move things around like I  want. I don't like 7.02's way of doing bookmarks. I gave up on IE's method, though part of that is my resistance to IE in general.

             Brian

          Louise:

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 28, 2003
            Thanks Brian for your comments.

            In view of your experience, perhaps I CAN retain Netscape 4.7 and use IE
            for online banking if I find the system doesn't work properly with
            Netscape. My version of IE is 6. I have to use it for the English 1901
            census online and sometimes it works better with other websites so I am
            gradually familiarizing myself with it.

            Like you, I am still resistant to IE in general. My main concern is that
            people who use IE are always complaining about the amount of spam they
            receive. I seldom receive any with Netscape.

            Rene

            > Just food for thought. I still use Netscape 4.7(9) for most of my
            > browsing. If the page won't load properly in 4.7(9), I will either
            > start up Netscape 7.02 or Internet Explorer. I like the older
            > Netscape as it loads quicker than either of the other two and I like
            > the feel of it and the menus. Especially the bookmarks handling. It is
            > easy to get into bookmarks and move things around like I want. I
            > don't like 7.02's way of doing bookmarks. I gave up on IE's method,
            > though part of that is my resistance to IE in general.
            >
            > Brian
            >
            > At 11:33 PM 9/27/03 Saturday, you wrote:
            >
            > > Louise:
            > >
            > > > I finally figure out that you have to use Outlook Express to view
            > > this
            > > > site. I was originally using Netscape.
            > > >
            > > > http://proni.nics.gov.uk/freeholders/intro.asp
            > >
            > > I was able to access the site via Netscape 4.7 Louise.
            > >
            > > As you see, I am still using Netscape 4.7 but my bank (B of
            > > Montreal)
            > > tells me if I want to continue using online banking I should update
            > > my
            > > browser as their system is changing, effective October 1st. I am
            > > reluctant to let go of Netscape 4.7.
            > >
            > > Rene Dussome
            > >
            > > http://www.afhs.ab.ca

            http://www.afhs.ab.ca
          • Lois Sparling
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 28, 2003
              I access it with Netscape without a problem.

              Lois