Re: 1901 Census Online - Tips

  • Rene
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 29 6:47 PM
      Gloria:

      Here it is. I shall update it periodically as more tips come in.

      Rene

      > Could you please send a copy to me. Thank you very much. Gloria Moore.
      >
      > Rene wrote:
      >
      > > Hi Everyone:
      > >
      > > The online census is still working! Amazing isn't it?
      > >
      > > I am collecting tips passed on by members of the UK Census Mailing List
      > > such as:
      > >
      > > > If you don't want to spend a fortune all at once, but can't wait to
      > > get the data, you can find out who is related to whom for free by using
      > > the personal ID number which can be viewed by placing the mouse over the
      > > highlighted name and right clicking. People with consecutive ID nos
      > > probably live in the same house.
      > >
      > > > It is not "good" family history to do this as the information is
      > > incomplete. However it is a useful guide and a help to prioritise
      > > without spending all in one go.
      > >
      > > These tips are being assembled in a Microsoft Word document.
      > > Unfortunately, I can't send it as an attachment to our list but if
      > > anyone wants a copy I shall be pleased to send it to your personal
      > > e-mail address.
      > >
      > > Rene Dussome
      > >
      > > http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      > > http://www.family-roots.ca
      >
      > http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      > http://www.family-roots.ca

    • Marlene Roy
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 10, 2002
        Hi, Rene;

        I just returned from vacation to find my mailbox full of messages about the
        1901 census. Would you mind sending me the Tips document that you mentioned on
        dist-gen ? It will certainly save me from reading all the emails !

        Thanks,
        Marlene Roy