RE: Family History Week

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 21, 2003
      I would need to know further information to be able to connect the
      Braconnier family to Mayor Bronconnier's family tree - .i.e. his parents and
      possibly greatgrandparents' names on the paternal side of the family.
      Otherwise it is all speculation. I would be happy to work on such a gift if
      he is willing to share as much of his line as he knows so that I can work on
      the connection. Also time is of the essence as who knows what documents
      would be needed to bridge the gap between the information I have on hand and
      what the mayor knows about his lineage.

      I was struck by the fact that the name sounded like it would be of French
      origin and since I have traced most of the "souche" lines from my children
      back to France, I do have an excellent database and additional resources on
      hand for any of the pre-British French Canadian and Acadian lines. That is
      why it was not difficult to find what appears to be a name connection and as
      any who does research into French lines knows, the names are often changed
      over time or in different locations. One example is a line I am currently
      tracing for a client. In Acadia and Quebec the name was LeBlanc but they
      were found in the 1880 U.S. census and other records as White. Another is
      Guertin, which has remained intact in some places with pronunciation varying
      but in the U.S. some branches of the family are Yettaw.

      à bientôt,

      Phone: (403) 295-3490; Fax: (403) 274-0564