Re: CDA File

  • Gord Hulbert
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 20, 2003
      Hi Rene:

      A CDA is a 'Compact Disc Audio'. I doubt if it contains pictures. Try
      playing it on a CD player.

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 20, 2003
        It sounds like it is an audio file see: http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=cda&Submit3=Go%21 I got there from: http://filext.com/, a useful site for checking extensions.

        I think I would ask them what they used to create it and/or ask them to save in a standard jpeg format and send again.

        --
        arthurm@... you can always reach me @ ar109@...

      • Charlie Hansen
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 20, 2003
          On 20 Sep 2003 Rene wrote:

          > Can anybody tell me how to open a CDA file?
          >
          > Name of file: Track01.cda
          > Type: Winamp media file
          > Size: 44 bytes
          >
          > It contains pictures sent from Germany.

          Winamp is a media player program. It often came with Netscape browsers.
          If you don't have it on your computer, you can get it off the net. Google
          gives many hits. Try:

          http://download.com.com/3000-2139-10009814.html?legacy=cnet

          Hope this helps.

          Charlie
          http://www.afhs.ab.ca
        • Rene Dussome
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 20, 2003
            Dear Mary and Charlie:

            Thanks to both of your for your suggestions. I will explore the
            recommended links.

            Elizabeth Rodier also wrote to me suggesting I ask for individual jpeg
            files. She pointed out that 44 bytes isn't large enough for one picture.
            I should have known that.

            Rene