Family History Week

  • Al King
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 19, 2003
      Just a thought to highlight Family History Week. is there already, or
      could we find, some family history about Dave Bronconnier (or any member
      of Council) that could be made public?

      Al King

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Gord Hulbert
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 21, 2003
        Thanks for the suggestion.

        > He is a third generation Calgarian who grew up in Glenbrook. Maybe the
        > chairperson of Glenbrook community assoc could help.
        >
        > Keith
        >
        > Al King wrote:
        >
        > > Just a thought to highlight Family History Week. is there already, or
        > > could we find, some family history about Dave Bronconnier (or any member
        > > of Council) that could be made public?
        > >
        > > Al King
        > >
        > > http://www.afhs.ab.ca

      • Gord Hulbert
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 21, 2003
          I am trying to reach the Mayor's Exec Asst. I hope she will return my calls
          on Monday. We definitely want to be sure the Mayor WANTS to see his
          genealogy<g>.

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 21, 2003
            Hi Xenia:

            It would be a nice touch to be able to present to Dave a view of his family
            history. I will be trying again Monday to reach his exec asst. I want to
            be sure he would be comfortable receiving such a gift. I'm sure he would
            want some sort of 'photo op' to kick off FHW. These details will be worked
            out as soon as Bill Campbell gets back from holidays. In the meantime, if
            you can find any more definite links to Dave, please proceed. I'd be happy
            to input any data you find and prepare the reports and charts.

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 21, 2003
              I would need to know further information to be able to connect the
              Braconnier family to Mayor Bronconnier's family tree - .i.e. his parents and
              possibly greatgrandparents' names on the paternal side of the family.
              Otherwise it is all speculation. I would be happy to work on such a gift if
              he is willing to share as much of his line as he knows so that I can work on
              the connection. Also time is of the essence as who knows what documents
              would be needed to bridge the gap between the information I have on hand and
              what the mayor knows about his lineage.

              I was struck by the fact that the name sounded like it would be of French
              origin and since I have traced most of the "souche" lines from my children
              back to France, I do have an excellent database and additional resources on
              hand for any of the pre-British French Canadian and Acadian lines. That is
              why it was not difficult to find what appears to be a name connection and as
              any who does research into French lines knows, the names are often changed
              over time or in different locations. One example is a line I am currently
              tracing for a client. In Acadia and Quebec the name was LeBlanc but they
              were found in the 1880 U.S. census and other records as White. Another is
              Guertin, which has remained intact in some places with pronunciation varying
              but in the U.S. some branches of the family are Yettaw.

              à bientôt,