Re: 1901 Census Online - Tips

  • Gloria Moore
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 29, 2002
      Could you please send a copy to me. Thank you very much. Gloria Moore.

      Rene wrote:

      > Hi Everyone:
      >
      > The online census is still working! Amazing isn't it?
      >
      > I am collecting tips passed on by members of the UK Census Mailing List
      > such as:
      >
      > > If you don't want to spend a fortune all at once, but can't wait to
      > get the data, you can find out who is related to whom for free by using
      > the personal ID number which can be viewed by placing the mouse over the
      > highlighted name and right clicking. People with consecutive ID nos
      > probably live in the same house.
      >
      > > It is not "good" family history to do this as the information is
      > incomplete. However it is a useful guide and a help to prioritise
      > without spending all in one go.
      >
      > These tips are being assembled in a Microsoft Word document.
      > Unfortunately, I can't send it as an attachment to our list but if
      > anyone wants a copy I shall be pleased to send it to your personal
      > e-mail address.
      >
      > Rene Dussome
      >
      > http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      > http://www.family-roots.ca

    • Gloria Moore
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 29, 2002
        Could you please send me a copy. Thank you very much. Gloria Moore.

        Rene wrote:

        > Hi Everyone:
        >
        > The online census is still working! Amazing isn't it?
        >
        > I am collecting tips passed on by members of the UK Census Mailing List
        > such as:
        >
        > > If you don't want to spend a fortune all at once, but can't wait to
        > get the data, you can find out who is related to whom for free by using
        > the personal ID number which can be viewed by placing the mouse over the
        > highlighted name and right clicking. People with consecutive ID nos
        > probably live in the same house.
        >
        > > It is not "good" family history to do this as the information is
        > incomplete. However it is a useful guide and a help to prioritise
        > without spending all in one go.
        >
        > These tips are being assembled in a Microsoft Word document.
        > Unfortunately, I can't send it as an attachment to our list but if
        > anyone wants a copy I shall be pleased to send it to your personal
        > e-mail address.
        >
        > Rene Dussome
        >
        > http://www.afhs.ab.ca
        > http://www.family-roots.ca

      • Rene
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 29, 2002
          Gloria:

          Here it is. I shall update it periodically as more tips come in.

          Rene

          > Could you please send a copy to me. Thank you very much. Gloria Moore.
          >
          > Rene wrote:
          >
          > > Hi Everyone:
          > >
          > > The online census is still working! Amazing isn't it?
          > >
          > > I am collecting tips passed on by members of the UK Census Mailing List
          > > such as:
          > >
          > > > If you don't want to spend a fortune all at once, but can't wait to
          > > get the data, you can find out who is related to whom for free by using
          > > the personal ID number which can be viewed by placing the mouse over the
          > > highlighted name and right clicking. People with consecutive ID nos
          > > probably live in the same house.
          > >
          > > > It is not "good" family history to do this as the information is
          > > incomplete. However it is a useful guide and a help to prioritise
          > > without spending all in one go.
          > >
          > > These tips are being assembled in a Microsoft Word document.
          > > Unfortunately, I can't send it as an attachment to our list but if
          > > anyone wants a copy I shall be pleased to send it to your personal
          > > e-mail address.
          > >
          > > Rene Dussome
          > >
          > > http://www.afhs.ab.ca
          > > http://www.family-roots.ca
          >
          > http://www.afhs.ab.ca
          > http://www.family-roots.ca

        • Marlene Roy
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 10, 2002
            Hi, Rene;

            I just returned from vacation to find my mailbox full of messages about the
            1901 census. Would you mind sending me the Tips document that you mentioned on
            dist-gen ? It will certainly save me from reading all the emails !

            Thanks,
            Marlene Roy