Beginners SIG

  • Ken Runquist
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 18, 2003

      The first meeting of the Beginners SIG will be held on Thursday, September 25th in the AFHS library which is located in the basement of the Genealogy Bureau at 712 – 16 Ave. NW at 7:00 pm. There is free parking in the city parking lot next door after 6:00 pm.

      Please use the front door.  If the door is locked, push the buzzer and someone will let you in.

      The topic will be: Using the AFHS library presented by our librarian Helen Backhouse.  This is open to all AFHS members, new and old.

      I am also looking for experienced members to volunteer to present topics of interest to beginning members at future meetings which will be held on the fourth Thursday of each month.  Please contact me off-list at kenrunquist@... if you can help out.

      Thanks.

      Ken Runquist

      Membership Secretary and Beginners SIG Coordinator

      Map

    • Ken Runquist
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 7, 2004
        This month's Beginners SIG will be held on Thursday, January 22 at 7:00 pm
        at the LDS Family History Center, 2021 - 17 Ave. S. W. Please note the new
        location for this month's meeting only. Parking is available in the lot to
        the east of the FHC. Enter by the east door. Ring the buzzer if the door
        is locked.

        Topic: Judi Lee will present a virtual tour of the 17 Ave. Family History
        Center and will also provide information on the other FHC's in the Calgary
        area.

        Ken Runquist
        Membership Secretary

      • Ken Runquist
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 22 10:11 AM

          Due to the fact that I will not be in town, the Beginners SIG will be cancelled for this Thursday.  Watch for details of next month’s program.

          Ken Runquist

          Membership Secretary