RE: Bogus Pay Pal message

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 17 8:48 PM
      Hi Bill and all,

      This has been happening to a number of subscription services on the
      Internet. Another recent incident revolves around e-Bay. Apparently the
      service asked those who had e-Bay accounts to update their information
      including credit card details. It turned out not to be e-Bay at all and
      e-Bay sent a message saying it was a bogus message and was damaging to those
      who had filled in the information. One scammer had used e-bay.net and placed
      a duplicate of the e-bay page on their site.

      So it is good to beware of anyone "updating" their files and to be sure the
      sites at which you enter credit card and other details are legitimate before
      you complete their online forms.

      Xenia

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 17 9:40 PM