Re: 1901 Census Online - Tips

  • Ken Oram
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 29 4:27 PM
      Hi Rene,

      Wld like to see yours tips just in case

      Thanks

      Kenneth
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Rene" <rdussome@...>
      To: "Dist-gen" <dist-gen@...>
      Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2002 10:42 AM
      Subject: 1901 Census Online - Tips

      > Hi Everyone:
      >
      > The online census is still working! Amazing isn't it?
      >
      > I am collecting tips passed on by members of the UK Census Mailing List
      > such as:
      >
      > > If you don't want to spend a fortune all at once, but can't wait to
      > get the data, you can find out who is related to whom for free by using
      > the personal ID number which can be viewed by placing the mouse over the
      > highlighted name and right clicking. People with consecutive ID nos
      > probably live in the same house.
      >
      > > It is not "good" family history to do this as the information is
      > incomplete. However it is a useful guide and a help to prioritise
      > without spending all in one go.
      >
      > These tips are being assembled in a Microsoft Word document.
      > Unfortunately, I can't send it as an attachment to our list but if
      > anyone wants a copy I shall be pleased to send it to your personal
      > e-mail address.
      >
      > Rene Dussome
      >

      > http://www.afhs.ab.ca
      > http://www.family-roots.ca

    • Gloria Moore
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 29 6:01 PM
        Could you please send a copy to me. Thank you very much. Gloria Moore.

        Rene wrote:

        > Hi Everyone:
        >
        > The online census is still working! Amazing isn't it?
        >
        > I am collecting tips passed on by members of the UK Census Mailing List
        > such as:
        >
        > > If you don't want to spend a fortune all at once, but can't wait to
        > get the data, you can find out who is related to whom for free by using
        > the personal ID number which can be viewed by placing the mouse over the
        > highlighted name and right clicking. People with consecutive ID nos
        > probably live in the same house.
        >
        > > It is not "good" family history to do this as the information is
        > incomplete. However it is a useful guide and a help to prioritise
        > without spending all in one go.
        >
        > These tips are being assembled in a Microsoft Word document.
        > Unfortunately, I can't send it as an attachment to our list but if
        > anyone wants a copy I shall be pleased to send it to your personal
        > e-mail address.
        >
        > Rene Dussome
        >
        > http://www.afhs.ab.ca
        > http://www.family-roots.ca

      • Gloria Moore
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 29 6:04 PM
          Could you please send me a copy. Thank you very much. Gloria Moore.

          Rene wrote:

          > Hi Everyone:
          >
          > The online census is still working! Amazing isn't it?
          >
          > I am collecting tips passed on by members of the UK Census Mailing List
          > such as:
          >
          > > If you don't want to spend a fortune all at once, but can't wait to
          > get the data, you can find out who is related to whom for free by using
          > the personal ID number which can be viewed by placing the mouse over the
          > highlighted name and right clicking. People with consecutive ID nos
          > probably live in the same house.
          >
          > > It is not "good" family history to do this as the information is
          > incomplete. However it is a useful guide and a help to prioritise
          > without spending all in one go.
          >
          > These tips are being assembled in a Microsoft Word document.
          > Unfortunately, I can't send it as an attachment to our list but if
          > anyone wants a copy I shall be pleased to send it to your personal
          > e-mail address.
          >
          > Rene Dussome
          >
          > http://www.afhs.ab.ca
          > http://www.family-roots.ca

        • Rene
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 29 6:47 PM
            Gloria:

            Here it is. I shall update it periodically as more tips come in.

            Rene

            > Could you please send a copy to me. Thank you very much. Gloria Moore.
            >
            > Rene wrote:
            >
            > > Hi Everyone:
            > >
            > > The online census is still working! Amazing isn't it?
            > >
            > > I am collecting tips passed on by members of the UK Census Mailing List
            > > such as:
            > >
            > > > If you don't want to spend a fortune all at once, but can't wait to
            > > get the data, you can find out who is related to whom for free by using
            > > the personal ID number which can be viewed by placing the mouse over the
            > > highlighted name and right clicking. People with consecutive ID nos
            > > probably live in the same house.
            > >
            > > > It is not "good" family history to do this as the information is
            > > incomplete. However it is a useful guide and a help to prioritise
            > > without spending all in one go.
            > >
            > > These tips are being assembled in a Microsoft Word document.
            > > Unfortunately, I can't send it as an attachment to our list but if
            > > anyone wants a copy I shall be pleased to send it to your personal
            > > e-mail address.
            > >
            > > Rene Dussome
            > >
            > > http://www.afhs.ab.ca
            > > http://www.family-roots.ca
            >
            > http://www.afhs.ab.ca
            > http://www.family-roots.ca

          • Marlene Roy
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 10, 2002
              Hi, Rene;

              I just returned from vacation to find my mailbox full of messages about the
              1901 census. Would you mind sending me the Tips document that you mentioned on
              dist-gen ? It will certainly save me from reading all the emails !

              Thanks,
              Marlene Roy