Spam

  • Doug Hay
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 15, 2003
      To add to the discussion, I would like to suggest Mailsword. It wouldn't
      be convenient if you expect to get mail from new sources a lot, but for
      regular purposes it seems to be completely effective.
      It depends on creating a "whitelist" of acceptable senders. You can
      automatically add your total address book to the "whitelist" and add others
      you want.
      Mail received from an acceptable sender comes through immediately.
      Mailsword creates a message to any other sender asking them to type in a 4
      number code, without you being aware of it. Spam mailers are mostly
      automatic and cannot reply to such a request. Legitimate senders who reply
      to the code will have their message opened in your email. This latter can
      take a day or longer if the sender does not respond quickly.
      http://www.mensk.com/software/mailsword/mailsword.htm
      You can download it free.
      For me it has worked 100% for the last few weeks. Some people have a
      concern about the message to type in a code to have their message go
      through. So you may lose a few messages this way
      Doug Hay
      Calgary, Alberta
      http://members.shaw.ca/doughay/hayglen.htm

      Protected by MailSword. "Spam Ends Here"
      FREE download at: http://www.mensk.com/mailsword.htm