New Library

  • Carol Lylyk
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 6, 2003
      Congratulations to all who worked on the new Library.  It looks great.  Now just have to find some time to go and explore it better.

      Carol Lylyk
    • Helen Backhouse
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 6, 2003

        We have a wonderful group of volunteers in AFHS and they have done us all a great service. Working together we have moved a mountain (of books and other things).
        My thanks to everyone who made a big job manageable.
        Helen
        To everyone who worked on the new library, being it packing boxes, moving books, building shelves, etc. etc. you did a wonderful job.

        T H A N K   Y O U.

        Millie Drinkwater.
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 6, 2003
          Sorry I missed the grand opening! When (what hours/days) will the library be open for use?

          Xenia
          We have a wonderful group of volunteers in AFHS and they have done us all a great service. Working together we have moved a mountain (of books and other things).
          My thanks to everyone who made a big job manageable.
          Helen
          To everyone who worked on the new library, being it packing boxes, moving books, building shelves, etc. etc. you did a wonderful job.

          T H A N K   Y O U.

          Millie Drinkwater.
        • Donna Coulter
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 7, 2003
            You will enjoy the new Library Xenia and the Genealogy Bureau. What a lot of work for everyone, I'm sure it will be well used. It was good to see such a large turnout.

            Cheers Donna Coulter-- will be anxious to see the hours of operations as well.
            Sorry I missed the grand opening! When (what hours/days) will the library be open for use?

            Xenia
            We have a wonderful group of volunteers in AFHS and they have done us all a great service. Working together we have moved a mountain (of books and other things).
            My thanks to everyone who made a big job manageable.
            Helen
            To everyone who worked on the new library, being it packing boxes, moving books, building shelves, etc. etc. you did a wonderful job.

            T H A N K   Y O U.

            Millie Drinkwater.
          • Mertie Beatty
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 7, 2003
              Thank you Helen and Library Volunteers!

                  Wow!  What a lot of work went into setting up the new library.  You are ALL to be commended for taking so much of your summer to do all this work, and only for the satisfaction of doing it.  Thank you.

                  I thought that the Ribbon Cutting was well attended, and people appreciated being able to visit and chat with Senator Milne.  I got some great photos (with my regular film camera) and will give copies to Senator Milne on Monday evening.  Quite a few people appreciated being able to pick up back issues of the Chinook.  What a great idea!

              Mertie