Outlook Express 6

  • Bob Crowle
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 4, 2003
      Ever since I reinstalled Outlook Express the program automatically deletes
      certain attachments I don't want it to delete. I get the following message
      at the top on new mail that had the attachment.

      'OE removed access to the following attachments in your mail: morning.pdf"

      1. How can I advise OE that pdf files for example are acceptable?
      2. Is the deleted attachment available somewhere or has it been permanently
      deleted?

      Many thanks.

      Bob Crowle crowleb@...

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Gord Hulbert
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 4, 2003
        Hi there:

        While in OE, go to tools, then security, then click 'advise me if there is
        an attachment' (or something like that<g>).
        .
        > Ever since I reinstalled Outlook Express the program automatically deletes
        > certain attachments I don't want it to delete. I get the following
        message
        > at the top on new mail that had the attachment.
        >
        > 'OE removed access to the following attachments in your mail: morning.pdf"
        >
        > 1. How can I advise OE that pdf files for example are acceptable?
        > 2. Is the deleted attachment available somewhere or has it been
        permanently
        > deleted?
        >
        > Many thanks.
        >
        > Bob Crowle crowleb@...

      • Judith Rempel
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 4, 2003
          I use MS outlook - which is slightly different - but I've seen this problem
          on others' computers twice this past month.

          When in Outlook (not in an e-mail), click on TOOLS > OPTIONS > SECURITY I
          think - then you'll see something ticked that disallows ANY attachments.
          Just unclick it and exit from the dialogue boxes normally and all should be
          well.

          In fact, you should be able to view the attachments of any e-mails already
          received - if not deleted.

          In Kinship,
          Judith Rempel, Webster
          note new personal e-mail address: judith@...