Re: 1901 Census Online - Tips

  • Evelyn Brown
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 29, 2002
      Hi Rene: I'd like a copy of 1901 Tips,
      Thank you,
      Evelyn Brown
      evbrown1@...

    • Ken Oram
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 29, 2002
        Hi Rene,

        Wld like to see yours tips just in case

        Thanks

        Kenneth
        ----- Original Message -----
        From: "Rene" <rdussome@...>
        To: "Dist-gen" <dist-gen@...>
        Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2002 10:42 AM
        Subject: 1901 Census Online - Tips

        > Hi Everyone:
        >
        > The online census is still working! Amazing isn't it?
        >
        > I am collecting tips passed on by members of the UK Census Mailing List
        > such as:
        >
        > > If you don't want to spend a fortune all at once, but can't wait to
        > get the data, you can find out who is related to whom for free by using
        > the personal ID number which can be viewed by placing the mouse over the
        > highlighted name and right clicking. People with consecutive ID nos
        > probably live in the same house.
        >
        > > It is not "good" family history to do this as the information is
        > incomplete. However it is a useful guide and a help to prioritise
        > without spending all in one go.
        >
        > These tips are being assembled in a Microsoft Word document.
        > Unfortunately, I can't send it as an attachment to our list but if
        > anyone wants a copy I shall be pleased to send it to your personal
        > e-mail address.
        >
        > Rene Dussome
        >

        > http://www.afhs.ab.ca
        > http://www.family-roots.ca

      • Gloria Moore
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 29, 2002
          Could you please send a copy to me. Thank you very much. Gloria Moore.

          Rene wrote:

          > Hi Everyone:
          >
          > The online census is still working! Amazing isn't it?
          >
          > I am collecting tips passed on by members of the UK Census Mailing List
          > such as:
          >
          > > If you don't want to spend a fortune all at once, but can't wait to
          > get the data, you can find out who is related to whom for free by using
          > the personal ID number which can be viewed by placing the mouse over the
          > highlighted name and right clicking. People with consecutive ID nos
          > probably live in the same house.
          >
          > > It is not "good" family history to do this as the information is
          > incomplete. However it is a useful guide and a help to prioritise
          > without spending all in one go.
          >
          > These tips are being assembled in a Microsoft Word document.
          > Unfortunately, I can't send it as an attachment to our list but if
          > anyone wants a copy I shall be pleased to send it to your personal
          > e-mail address.
          >
          > Rene Dussome
          >
          > http://www.afhs.ab.ca
          > http://www.family-roots.ca

        • Gloria Moore
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 29, 2002
            Could you please send me a copy. Thank you very much. Gloria Moore.

            Rene wrote:

            > Hi Everyone:
            >
            > The online census is still working! Amazing isn't it?
            >
            > I am collecting tips passed on by members of the UK Census Mailing List
            > such as:
            >
            > > If you don't want to spend a fortune all at once, but can't wait to
            > get the data, you can find out who is related to whom for free by using
            > the personal ID number which can be viewed by placing the mouse over the
            > highlighted name and right clicking. People with consecutive ID nos
            > probably live in the same house.
            >
            > > It is not "good" family history to do this as the information is
            > incomplete. However it is a useful guide and a help to prioritise
            > without spending all in one go.
            >
            > These tips are being assembled in a Microsoft Word document.
            > Unfortunately, I can't send it as an attachment to our list but if
            > anyone wants a copy I shall be pleased to send it to your personal
            > e-mail address.
            >
            > Rene Dussome
            >
            > http://www.afhs.ab.ca
            > http://www.family-roots.ca

          • Rene
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 29, 2002
              Gloria:

              Here it is. I shall update it periodically as more tips come in.

              Rene

              > Could you please send a copy to me. Thank you very much. Gloria Moore.
              >
              > Rene wrote:
              >
              > > Hi Everyone:
              > >
              > > The online census is still working! Amazing isn't it?
              > >
              > > I am collecting tips passed on by members of the UK Census Mailing List
              > > such as:
              > >
              > > > If you don't want to spend a fortune all at once, but can't wait to
              > > get the data, you can find out who is related to whom for free by using
              > > the personal ID number which can be viewed by placing the mouse over the
              > > highlighted name and right clicking. People with consecutive ID nos
              > > probably live in the same house.
              > >
              > > > It is not "good" family history to do this as the information is
              > > incomplete. However it is a useful guide and a help to prioritise
              > > without spending all in one go.
              > >
              > > These tips are being assembled in a Microsoft Word document.
              > > Unfortunately, I can't send it as an attachment to our list but if
              > > anyone wants a copy I shall be pleased to send it to your personal
              > > e-mail address.
              > >
              > > Rene Dussome
              > >
              > > http://www.afhs.ab.ca
              > > http://www.family-roots.ca
              >
              > http://www.afhs.ab.ca
              > http://www.family-roots.ca

            • Marlene Roy
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 10, 2002
                Hi, Rene;

                I just returned from vacation to find my mailbox full of messages about the
                1901 census. Would you mind sending me the Tips document that you mentioned on
                dist-gen ? It will certainly save me from reading all the emails !

                Thanks,
                Marlene Roy