Re: saving folders from Outlook to a CD

  • Carol Lylyk
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 28, 2003
      Hello Elizabeth,
      Thanks for your suggestions for saving messages. That would work for new messages, but the ones that I want to save
      are the ones that I already have in folders in OE. There are over 175 messages in about 20 folders and I was hoping
      there was some simple way to copy them to a CD. I am not necessarily planning on erasing them from OE but would like
      them saved in case of a hard drive crash.

      Carol Lylyk

      http://www.afhs.ab.ca
    • Carol Lylyk
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 28, 2003
        Hi, I think I figured out how to do it.  I highlighted one message in a folder, then clicked on Select all, then clicked on send as an attachment, e-mailed them to myself and then when I got it back, I just clicked on Save Attachments, saved it to My Documents.  I just did a few and saved them to a floppy disk but it would work the same saving it to a CD.  I am sure there is probably a shorter way but it worked anyway.

        Carol Lylyk
      • Lynda Alderman
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 29, 2003
          Will give it a try.....your perseverance paid off!   I haven't tried to save anything yet with my new computer, at least not on a CD, so will experiment with that first.

          lma